Fall 2013 Trends I'll Give A Go This Year

Though I stated numerous times that I'm going to sit my arse down for the second half of 2013, the universe had other plans for me and I can't wait to give some of fall 2013's top trends a go at a3c festival , the Houston HangoutThe Yeezus Tour, and my executive mischief consultant (and co author and photographer) Nikki DaVinci's birthday trip to Puerto Rico this fall. Below are some of the fall trends I'll have no problem working into my current wardrobe.


 1.  Full Skirts

    I can't wait to flash back to the fifties with this one of this season's most feminine trends. My personal style is a mash up of contemporary/edgy and I will most likely pair this ultra girly look with graphic tees and cut out boots.




2. Plaid

   I love leggings (which explains my obsession with Blackmilk), they make life easy for a big booty girl like me.  No belts and no gaps in the back of my jeans from having to buy them to fit around my hips and thighs.  I am completely here for tartan leggings, they will look perfect with combat boots or my Jeffrey Campbell sneakers.

These tartan trousers are adorable and dangerously close to looking like pajama pants.  Luckily, I'm here for the pajama trend too, and with the right cut and shoe, I know I will be able to take this look from the bedroom to the street. 


3. Emerald

   Pantone knew what they were doing when the picked this shade as the top color for 2013.  I've already purchased a pair of emerald and faux leather lounge pants that will lots of shine this fall. I may pick up a party dress in the gorgeous color as well.

An emerald full skirt dress? Two trends in one? Score. 



4. Peplum

    Peplum is here to stay and I'll toast to that.  It is one of the most figure flattering trends for any body type, it makes the waist look tiny and accentuates the curves of the hips.  It's chic and sexy, and looks great on dresses, tops, skirts, and bottoms.



5. Masculine/ Classic Prints

    As I move on to the cooler months, I'll be shifting from florals and tribal prints to houndstooh and pinstripe.  I always mix hints of feminine and masculine pieces into my wardrobe, and it will be a welcome change to shift from the more flouncy fabrics of summer into more structured pieces.





6. Capes

    I've wanted a cape ever since I saw Sarah Jessica Parker wear one on Sex and The City.  She looked like a fashionable vampire and two of my favorite things in the world are fashion and vampires.  This fall's capes have a more structured appeal, but I'm going to make my long time dream come true and invest in a vintage nurses cape.  Trends come and go, my nurses cape won't.




7. Cat Eye

    I do so much with my hair and wardrobe that I prefer to keep my makeup simple. Chalk it up to my love for Amy Winehouse, but 9 times out of 10 when I am wearing noticeable makeup on my eyee, it is a wingtip/cat eye look, accompanied by a simple eyeshadow that brings out my undertones and a bold lip.  I just got into blush this year, I'm a work in progress guys.




Some of my cool weather staples are fashionable sweatshirts, statement piece outerwear , and blazers.  While trends are fun to experiment, it's important to remember to let you personal style shine through.


 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Commes Des Sirenes © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects